Free & Paid SEO Audit Tools That You Can Use Free and Paid
The SEO audit is a diagnosis of the state of the natural referencing of your website.
It allows you to analyze your site to identify any issues that are preventing you from achieving optimal performance in terms of organic search and natural referencing.
The SEO audit is not done once and for all. It is important to carry out these analyzes regularly to have a constant follow-up, which will help you to generate traffic permanently.
You can delegate this audit to an agency or SEO specialist who will give you a complete diagnosis and recommendations for improvement. However, you also have different tools at your disposal if you want to carry out your audit yourself.
Find in this article we share the best SEO audit tools for your website!
What is SEMrush?
Among the main SEO tools, SEMrush is probably the most used by SEO professionals. With its hundreds of features, it presents itself as an essential SEO audit and research tool. This American competitive analysis service has existed since 2008 and is one of the most comprehensive on the market.
SemRush collects data from the results of different search engines and presents them in the form of results.
Its price starts at $119.95/month , this offer aimed at marketing beginners and small internal teams.
Why use SEMrush?
As we said, it is a very complete tool allowing you in particular:
- analyze web page traffic sources ;
- track organic keywords ;
- analyze your backlinks : analyze the power and relevance of backlinks, their number and their evolution over time;
- observe the ranking in the SERP (results page) of websites positioned on the same keyword and observe the appearance of new competitors.
SEMrush has an “automated reports” tool. This feature allows you to schedule recurring analyses, which are sent to you by email, on the subjects that you determine beforehand.
SEMRush offers you the opportunity to compare yourself with your competitors :
- find the keywords on which your competitors are positioned;
- compare your positions on these keywords;
- analyze their paid searches;
- analyze their backlinks (number and quality) etc.
This essential tool allows you to have an overview of your competitors’ SEO strategy just by entering the URL of the site you want to analyze.
What is Ahrefs?
Launched on the market in 2011, Ahrefs quickly established itself as an essential tool in the world of natural referencing. One of its strong points is to be able to constantly control and verify the links pointing to a website.
However, the interest of Ahrefs is no longer limited to the overview of the backlinks of a website. This SEO tool is a great help for SEOs and webmarketers.
Why use Ahrefs ?
The company offers a free version that allows you to use two site features: Site Explorer (organic volume search, inbound link checker) and Site Audit to perform the SEO audit of your website. All features are available for a flat rate starting at $99 per month
Its strength lies in its overall SEO monitoring and position monitoring in particular:
- “Content Explorer” feature : to identify your best performing content;
- Creation of powerful SEO content : the tool provides long lists of keywords, with search volume and valuable information to set up an appropriate content strategy. Ahrefs also offers to identify popular keywords on Bing or platforms like Amazon or YouTube;
- Realization of very interesting complete reports thanks to an interface based on graphics: the SEO tool also allows you to create objectives and set an alert when it is reached
- Has a large index of backlinks .
3.Google Search Console
What is Google Search Console?
Search Console is Google ‘s analytics tool . This SEO management interface is offered free of charge by Google to website owners / webmasters. Thus, to be able to use it, you simply have to prove to Google that you are the owner or technical manager of a website.
This tool helps to ensure that your site is indexed correctly by the search engine. It also offers many features to measure the SEO traffic resulting from this indexing.
Why use Google Search Console ?
First of all: because it is completely free!
Then, this tool made available by Google makes it possible to measure the effectiveness of your SEO and to ensure its follow-up on this search engine through many features:
- Monitor the indexing of your pages;
- Report errors on your pages;
- Offer many interesting KPIs: impressions, number of clicks, average click-through rate, average position on the search engine, etc.;
- Report data relating to the site’s loading times and its mobile compatibility.
Even if it is not as complete as other tools that offer competitive analysis or help with content creation, use it in addition!
What is Ubersuggest?
Acquired in 2017 by Neil Patel, this application is a great tool to audit and help you optimize your SEO content . Indeed, Ubersuggest is a keyword generator that allows you to find short tail keywords as well as long tail expressions. It pulls up expressions and words related to a keyword, as well as the most common user searches.
Ubersuggest used to be free, but it’s not anymore! The subscription price now starts at $12/month for an offer aimed at entrepreneurs and small businesses managing 1 to 3 websites.
Why use Ubersuggest?
This tool is dedicated to keyword strategy. These features will allow you to refine your semantic strategy. In particular, you will be able to:
- Identify the web pages best positioned on the targeted key query: thanks to various metrics such as the volume of monthly searches, the estimated competition for paid and organic search, its cost per click;
- Check if the keyword is gaining or losing popularity , or if it has seasonal trends;
- Access SEO statistics to analyze the competition : the SERP analysis provides access to the ranking of the 100 best sites positioned on the targeted keyword, the estimated traffic on each web page, with the authority score of the site and the number of shares on social networks;
- All via a clear, readable and accessible interface .
Ubersuggest offers one of the best traffic analytics. Their offer remains the most competitive on the market for small needs even if the tool has become chargeable.
Many other tools exist to audit your SEO and optimize it. Many offer similar services (some paid, some free).
Under these conditions, it can be difficult to choose the right one. To best analyze your SEO, you may need to choose tools that complement each other.
Lack of time ? Afraid of being wrong? Entrust the analysis and optimization of your natural referencing to the pros: contact us